Cooperative Advertising Guidelines
Cooperative Advertising Description
Fiscal Year October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
- Advertiser is responsible for providing New Smyrna Beach Area Visitors Bureau with ads per specifications by published deadlines.
- All uppercase headlines or words in uppercase will not be allowed in the display ads.
- New Smyrna Beach Area Visitors Bureau and our advertising agency will determine horizontal or vertical format.
- Agency reserves the right to edit copy to assure a balanced look and design.
- An electronic proof will be sent for approval prior to publication. If you will be out of the office, please notify our office immediately or designate an authorized person to approve your layout.
- Failure to approve the advertising proofs prior to deadline will automatically denote approval. Every attempt will be made to seek your approval prior to submission.
- Changes made after the proof deadline will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as artwork may have been submitted to the publication. Changes that can be made will result in a change fee being charged to the advertiser.
- If you have any questions, please call Haley Chenowith, Marketing Coordinator at 386-428-1600 for further assistance.
For Print Ads:
- Photo should be at minimum 300 DPI high resolution for print.
- Up to 25 words of copy, bulleted items are encouraged.
- One phone number is allowed.
- Phone number and website will be in bold face font.
- One web address and/or e-mail permitted.
For Digital Ads:
- Photo should be at minimum 72 DPI high resolution for web.
- One web address permitted.
Cooperative Advertising Payment Policy
Because the cooperative advertising program utilizes the bureau’s advertising funds along with participant commitments, the payment schedule must be strictly adhered to.
How the invoicing process will work:
All invoices are due within sixty (60) days of publication date of print and/or online advertising. If payment is not received within sixty (60) days, your account will be considered past due. We urge you to respond immediately to invoices when mailed. Payments not received can jeopardize upcoming selections, unless we hear from you.
These rates include only the advertising space cost. Any graphic charges you incur are your responsibility.
To develop the cooperative sections, we will be using your photography and copy. All materials must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 60 days prior to run date. You will receive an email from Relebrand when your proof is available for approval. Failure to approve advertising proof(s) by the established deadline will automatically denote approval. Any changes to copy past the proof deadline will be subject to review. If the change can be made, the cost of production charges will be billed directly to you.
Please read carefully and note important dates and times
- 2022/2023 co-op programs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- New Smyrna Beach Area Visitors Bureau’s co-op program is primarily designed for Southeast Volusia County collectors of the bed tax, attractions, dining locales, and cultural venues.
- Each property may request participation in multiple programs; however, each property may reserve only one ad unit per media type. This pertains to sweepstakes as well.
- All partner costs are listed net. These costs do not include payments to your advertising agency. It will be each partner’s responsibility to provide the necessary file formats for the selected media.
- Payment is due 60 days prior to the run date.
- Ads will be produced by your advertising agency and forwarded to our cooperative contact/advertising agency contact for review and final submission.
- Some programs parameters may change as the final media plan is completed. If a program you choose changes, you will be notified to ensure the program still meets your needs and be given the option to change at that time. We will do our best not to cancel space completely; however, if we do not get enough interest, cancellation may result.
- Please read each opportunity carefully as there may be subtle differences in each program.